After reading the rules please send in your pictures via the lovely Submit section.
Picture Rules of Good Show Sir:
1. All pictures must be taken via a camera, by you. We want to see these covers in the wild! So no stock publicity pictures, no eBay scrapes (but by all means win the auction then take the photo), no image searches. Instead, head off to an actual book shop, search your shelves, or raid your friends’ collections and get snapping.
2. No books based on a franchise will be accepted. They’re just so generically terrible, it’s far too easy. All your Warhammer, Star Wars, Buffy, Star Trek and Dungeons & Dragons have a chance of appearing as Honorable (or Dishonorable) Mentions, but that’s it.
3. No parody/wit covers. No books that are a joke onto the genre. So no Terry Pratchett! Search out the original travesties that inspired these in-jokes instead.
Some of the things to look for in a cover:
1. So much going on it burns your eyes. We want covers with elves, dragons, space ships and large busty women, all on the same glorious cover!
2. Terrible art. Awful… just awful. Crazed monsters that are congenital disorders with no skeletal support, brush strokes that display a hilariously misinformed understanding of anatomical proportions, unreadable and/or multiple horrible fonts, magical light orbs that lack even the most basic digital imaging techniques. That sort of thing.
3. Epic things happening. Look for people doing crazy things, such as holding a staff to a dragons eye, firing a laser pistol with one hand whilst doing stunts on a a hover bike with the other, or summoning interdimensional beasts whilst surrounded by improbably-clad warrior priestesses who are fighting off invisible fairies on top of a mountain made of crystal and sand.
– Good Show Sir